Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Organizing with baby food jars

My girls' hair stuff was driving me NUTS!!! I found ponies and headbands all over the house and had finally had ENOUGH!! So, I put out a request to friends with little ones for some baby food jars (Thanks, Michelle)!!!



I started by spray painting the lids with Chalkboard Paint. It took two coats and about 24 hours of drying time in the garage.




Then, I put my girls to work gathering every hair accessory they could find!! They sorted them by color and put them in the jars while we were waiting for the paint to dry.




Lids put on...



Used some chalk to label the tops...



Turned out pretty cute, don't you think!!!??? Quick, easy, and budget friendly. Think of all the possibilities with jars, lids, and chalkboard paint. Marbles, rock collections, crafting supplies...you name it!!!



Linking up to:

10 comments:

  1. They did turn out great! So where and how are you storing them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you and your kids can now sort the hair accessories by color and type! Nice way to give the jars a new purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! What are we going to do when they stop packaging baby food in these versatile jars?!! Thanks for sharing ... I've posted a link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this at Just A Girl... SUPER cute!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Just a Girl....love your idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so pretty - I hope they stay that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. visiting from JAG... I agree, where are you storing them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Professionally written blogs are rare to find, however I appreciate all the points mentioned here. I also want to include some other writing skills which everyone must aware of.อาหาร เด็ก 6 เดือน

    ReplyDelete